Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Lasting Memories March Week 2 Challenge - "BANNER"

It's my second week as a Guest Designer for the LASTING MEMORIES SCRAPBOOK LAYOUT CHALLENGES BLOG and I'm having a BLAST!  This week's challenge is to use a banner in your layout.  I have to tell you that in addition to the banner, I also used the sketch from last week too! It is really fun to recreate the same sketch, using different papers, themes and embellishments!

I started looking through old photos and found these 3 from our Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise from 2007!  Once I decided to use them, I remembered I had the base page from Scrapbookers Painted Page - "Ships Deck" in my stash and thought it would work perfectly -  What do you think? 

Seriously, can that base page be any more perfect to go with the photos??  These photos were taken somewhere in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.  Look at that blue water!!

Here is a close up of that banner for you!

Here are some of the embellishments - you can also see where the tag I made for journaling is peeking out of the 3D pocket I made behind our photo.  ( Please excuse hubby's shirt - I know this was 7 yrs ago, and fashion was different, but I have NO idea why I would ever have let him wear that - or where it came from LOL!! )
Here is the front of the tag and a close up of the really cool base paper and some embellishments ( I know you are looking at that shirt again - please don't! LOL!) 
Thanks for stopping by - I hope you will join us and play along this month at the LASTING MEMORIES CHALLENGE BLOG!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri


Items used:
Scrapbookers Painted Page - Ships Deck
Basic Grey - ADRIFT Collection - 12 x 12 - "Ahoy"
My Mind's Eye - BY THE SEA Collection
Enamel Shapes
Decorative Brads
Mixed Bag
Flair
Chipboard Elements
Bo Bunny Double Dot Island Mist / Vintage
Ranger Distress Stains - Rusty Hinge, Blue Print Sketch, Evergreen Bough

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all the nautical goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Sherri! I just wanted to let you know that I got your layout added to the blog. Sorry it was late getting on there - I didn't have access to it before. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this month at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!!! I need some background paper like that!!! So pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!